I thought I’d share a couple cards using the Nestibilities diecuts today. They both use the Heart Topiary cling set.
I know most people make red or pink roses – but yellow are my favorite – just love them. I’ve tried to grow them in the garden, but in my area they are black spot magnets and I’m just not willing to do all the spraying to keep them healthy. (I found out from a rose expert that the genetics that make yellow roses yellow also make them much more susceptable to black spot – who knew??)
But I can make yellow roses! I colored these with my Copics and cut them out with the rectangle Nestibility die. Then I framed it with the scalloped rectangle.
One little tip – I like to stamp first and then cut it out. Its much easier for me to center the image that way. To keep my die in place, I put tiny pieces of blue painter’s tape on the die – sticking it to the paper I won’t be using. This keeps me from shifting it when I assemble my sandwich and feed it through the machine.
(You also get a great view of my dirty stamping pad – and my frugal ways with paper!)
For this next card, I wanted to create a framed window for the trowel from the Heart Topiary set.
I colored the trowel in this card with my Prismacolor pencils. Copic markers will bleed through pretty much any paper. If I had used them, the color would have appeared on the back of the card in yucky splotches.
Then I attached my patterned paper (from K&Co) to the card front. I used a small amount of temporary adhesive because I knew I wanted to add the ribbon.