I wanted something simple but pretty. I decided to use the Greeting Farm Fancy Fleur’s Cling Set, and wanted to make the flowers look like cheery and resilient Bachelor Buttons.
But I did not want the card front to be too bright – which led to a window card with a vellum window.
I cut the window in the card using a Spellbinders oval die in Spring Willow Meduim cardstock.
For the inside of the card, I cute a 4″ by 5.25″ piece of Baronial Ivory and positioned it temporarily inside – then I marked where the window would be.
I used the marks to position my stamp so it would appear in the window where I wanted it to. I stamped the flowers in Momento Tuxedo ink.
I also cut a scalloped window frame from Frosted Yellow cardstock using the same oval die and a larger scalloped die. I find it easiest to cut the oval center, then position the scalloped die and hold it in place with little pieces of painters tape before running it through the die cut machine again.
I cut an oval of vellum one size larger than the card window and adhered it to the frame using adhesive tape. Then I adhered the frame to the card with the same tape. I don’t like to use liquid glues with vellum because I’ve had problems in the past with the vellum puckering (vellum and water are a disaster together).
Just to add a little extra, I scored a frame around the edges of the card with my Scor Pal, and then stamped the sentiment on the front.
I colored the flower image with Copic markers and then adhered the image to the inside of the card.
Sometimes with window cards its hard to fit in a hand written message – but I just wrote on the green side – so I didn’t need to worry about any writing showing through the window.