Welcome to the first Friday Fun Challenge for 2010.
The challenge for January 2010 is… “Pulling on your heart strings”
Our challenge to you is to create a Valentine or love themed project that includes ribbon. And if your projects also includes buttons, you will get a double entry!
You have till midnight (EST) of Friday Feb. 5 to add a comment to this post with link your project. We will draw one random winner for the prize.
The rules are:
- It must be a newly created project for this challenge – but feel free to combine this challenge with any other ones out there.
- We’d love to see all the art you care to share, but each person will only be entered in the random drawing once (well, twice if you have ribbon and buttons).
- The winner will be drawn randomly and announced the following Saturday.
The prize is a Hearts Bloom mini kit:
- The prize includes:
- 12 – 6″x 6″ pieces of Pink Paislee double sided patterned paper from the Cupid Collection. (4 pieces each of Bow and Arrow, Hearts Bloom, and Bullseye)
- 1 sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ Prism cardstock in Suede Brown Dark
- 1 sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ Prism cardstock in Frosted Teal
- 1 sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ Prism cardstock in Baby Pink Light
- 1 sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ Prism cardstock in Blush Red Dark
- 1 sheet of 8.5″ x 11″ Prism cardstock in Spring Willow Medium
- 5 yards of different coordinating ribbon including Sheer Pink organza, 2-tone aqua and green woven satin, red grosgrain, brown grosgrain, celadon green grosgrain.
- A packet of coordinating buttons and pearly Champagne Dew Droplets
So feel free to download this free Tea Time Still Life digital stamp set. It is available in the Paper Garden Projects store as a free download. The stamp set contains two images and 3 sentiments – all saved as PNG files with transparent backgrounds. If you decide to use the stamps – I’d LOVE to see what you make!. And this is a new venture for us – so we’d love some (gentle) feedback.
For my 2 cards, I used the images and sentiments from the stamp kit. They are printed on Neenah Solar White paper with my HP printer and cheap replacement ink (shhh… don’t tell….). The images are colored with Copic Markers.
For the top card I used Labels 1 layered on top of Labels 3, and then the ribbon slide die. For the bottom card, I cut out the sentiment with Labels 4, and then cut another from the brown. I cut the brown tag down the middle and spread it out to make the matte.
So come join the Friday Fun…. and be sure to check out all the specials in the Paper Garden Projects store – we have a lot of love on sale!