Wow – this month is moving fast. Valentine’s Day is right around the corner!
I really like Valentine’s Day. We keep it pretty simple around here – but my girls get a little surprise during dinner. Last year I decorated Target mini mailboxes. I’m not sure what I’ll do this year. I guess I better get thinking!
But I did want to let everyone know about the new Hearts Bloom Paper Kit in the paper garden Projects Store. I think the papers are so fun and also versatile. It really is a fun kit to play with
I used the Hearts Bloom kit to make this card. I also used the Impression Obsession Heart’s Nest cling stamp. I just love this stamp – the image really makes me smile.
To make it easier to color all those thin branches, try embossing it instead of just stamping. For this card I stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia and then embossed in clear. Then I just colored away with Copics – the embossed edges keep the marker point inside the lines. ( Note – the Copic markers can dissolve some metallic or colored embossing, but is fine with clear embossing.)
All the papers and ribbon are from the kit. Here is a picture of the kit contents:
- 6 sheets 12″x12″ Pink Paislee double sided patterned paper from the Cupid Collection. (2 sheets each of Bow and Arrow, Hearts Bloom, and Bullseye)
- 2 sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ Prism cardstock in Suede Brown Dark
- 2 sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ Prism cardstock in Frosted Teal
- 2 sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ Prism cardstock in Baby Pink Light
- 2 sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ Prism cardstock in Blush Red Dark
- 2 sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ Prism cardstock in Spring Willow Medium
- 5 yards of different coordinating ribbon including Sheer Pink organza, 2-tone aqua and green woven satin, red grosgrain, brown grosgrain, celadon green grosgrain.
- A packet of coordinating buttons and pearly Champagne Dew Droplets
I hope everyone has a great weekend planned. I’m supervising 2 Girl Scout Cookie Booths – but the weather is supposed to be in the 40’s thank goodness. And the girls do have fun at the booths – especially when they are not freezing. I’m hoping to do something crafty too!
Chester is settled into his new home. He had a little puppy playdate with one of my friends’ dog and he is exhausted! He had to get a bath though – what a muddy dog!